Monday, October 20, 2008

Religilous, Like Religion, Not Worth The Hype.



I know I'm a little late on this but I wasn't fortunate enough to live in Southern California for the time of it's release. So when it finally showed up in Wichita, I hopped in the car to go see it.

I thought the movie was pretty good, had some funny moments and made a lot of good points. However, this is not Bill Maher at his best. They hype that surrounded it was too much for what was delivered and the trailer was far more entertaining than the movie. I was not impressed with the editing job either.

But let's not throw the baby out with the bath water, this was a good movie and I plan on getting it for DVD. However I wish I saw it during a matinée and saved a few bucks an went the the hookah bar which was my original intent before I noticed Google was telling me it's now showing in town. Not a total loss.

I'd recommend waiting for the DVD.

No comments: