Thursday, February 28, 2008

Feeding the Monkey; Oral Fixations of a New Non-Smoker


Well I decided I have some free time and I thought I'd share a bit of the BS going on in my life to appease my readers by giving them a nugget to chew on (pun intended.)

So today marks the 26th day of my quitting smoking. Yesterday was a bitch. Probably the hardest day, even more so than the "3 day hump" or the first 3 days in layman's terms.

Though I'm long past the physical addiction, I just have an oral fixation. No that doesn't mean I'm sucking dick and I'm sure most of my readers/friends are much more clever than to make a reactionary joke like that. Com'on. Usually I just chew some gum, have some hard candy, sunflower seeds and the likes. Yesterday was another world almost. My jaw ached from the amount of chewing I was doing to that poor pack of gum. This was roughly about 2 PM, hardly the end of the day.

I did find my cure for it however. I thought to myself "What food takes the longest to eat?" then it came to me like I should of known before I proposed this question to myself. POZOLE! <3

After 40 minutes of nirvana, I was cured.


Moral of the story; Never underestimate the power of Mexican food. ^__^

No comments: